Peanut Chicken


Cooking is a comfort. After a busy day, there is nothing like losing yourself in the creation of a Cooking is a comfort. After a busy day, there is nothing like losing yourself in the creation of a dish – particularly a new one – to chase worrisome thoughts from the mind.
Chopping, measuring and stirring can soothe an overworked pysche – especially when accompanied by music and perhaps a glass of wine.
When I’m working on a meal, I am completely engrossed in the task at hand. I rarely find myself dwelling on bothersome thoughts (such as never-ending to-do lists).
So while some people may view cooking dinner as a chore, I look forward to preparing a meal at the end of the day (in spite of the fact that we sometimes find ourselves eating at 7:00 or 8:00 in the evening).
Last Monday is a perfect example – nipping at the heels of a too-busy weekend and not enough sleep. I was agitated from the moment the morning alarm annoyingly yanked me from a few brief hours of rest.
And the day did not improve, which is unusual. Even if they get off to a bumpy start, my days generally smooth out as they progress.
But when I got home from work that evening, I immediately set about breaking down the steps of this Peanut Chicken recipe. By the time dinner was on the table, my outlook had brightened considerably. And I got to sit down to a good meal with my family!
What about you? Is cooking more about putting food on the table, or an exercise in relaxation?

No comments:

Post a Comment